Keep warm with the taste of Early Spring!
Tuesday, February 24th, come join me, Chef Shuji, and experience washoku—traditional Japanese cuisine—during an exclusive Early Spring themed Japanese cooking workshop and luncheon in Tokyo.
Whether you are passing through Tokyo, or currently living in this bustling city—my hands-on approach is a great way to familiarise yourself with Japanese cuisine.
The workshop will be held in true Japanese style at Mrs. Michio Yano's Tokyo residence with a fully equipped kitchen. This month we will be offering:
*Please note that the scheduled menu may change due to the availability of seasonal fresh seafood and vegetables.
- pan-fried scallops with kuwayaku sauce
- miso soup with diced winter root vegetables & pork belly meat
- deep-fried sawara, Spanish mackerel braised in dashi broth with grated daikon white radish served with nabana leaves
- chawan-mushi, steamed egg and dashi mixture with chicken meat & kamaboko fish cake
- steamed sushi rice topped with grilled eel
When: 10am-3pm Tuesday, February 24th, 2015
Place: Ouchi Gohan Daikanyama “Raku 楽” 4-2 Sarugaku-cho, Shibuya-Ku, Tokyo 150-0033 (tel.) Mrs. Michiyo Yano at (03) 3477 0488
Cost: 10,000¥yen/person for a group of 6-8 people; 12,000¥/person for a group of 4-5 people; inclusive of instruction fee, all materials, kitchen hire & kitchen hand hire expenses, recipe handouts and tax.
Notes: BYO apron and pen.